Suggest treatment for stomach pain, diarrhea and bloating
Stool examination to rule out infection
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX
Welcome to health care magic.
I have gone through your query and I understand that gastritis and bloating can cause lots of discomfort.
Based on the symptoms you have mentioned in your query, I am suspecting gastroenteritis (GE) which could be viral or bacterial.
Viral GE is more common and usually self limiting.
Bacterial GE is associated with eating or drinking contaminated food or water.
I would suggest you get a stool sample tested for microscopy and culture.
This test will rule out parasitic infection and also determine the cause of gastrointestinal infection if any.
I would suggest the following therapy for now:
1. Tab Buscopan 10 mg twice daily after food for 3 days
2. Cap Omez 20 mg half an hour before food twice daily for 3 days.
3. Tab Sporlac thrice daily after food for 3 days.
You will have to take antibiotics or antiparasitic medications once infection is confirmed by stool exam.
Few more tips to be followed:
1. Drink fluids regularly through out the day to avoid dehydration.
2. Take a fluid diet which includes juices, soups and some salty foods.
3. Rest as much as possible for at least 48 hours.
4. Avoid stored or canned foods.
I hope I have helped.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach pain during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and bloating
- Stomach pain diarrhea bloating greenish black stools taking ofloxacin treatment
- Metrogyl 400 stomach pain diarrhea treatment
- Treatment for diarrhea heartburn and stomach pain
- What are the treatments for diarrhea and stomach pain
- Pregnant stomach pain diarrhea suggestions
- What causes stomach pain with bloating and diarrhea
- Sore stomach pain with diarrhea constant cramps treatment