Suggest treatment for stomach pain and vomiting

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello doctor, from yesterday night, my stomach is upset and i vomited for thrice. And i have stomach pain which is on and off. I feel very tired. Also, Leg and back is paining.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stomach infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

It seems that you have stomach infection, most probably viral in nature.

It will most probably go away on its own.

In the meanwhile, you can take ORS or gatorade for rehydration. If you are still getting the vomittings, please take medicine for it like ondansetron syrup.

For the body pains, you can take ibuprofen 200 mg upto twice a day.

Take soft, bland and easily digestible foods like khichdi, etc. Avoid juice and sugary foods.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee