Suggest treatment for stomach pain and headache in a child

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Tue, 5 Jan 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: dear doctor,
my kid having stomach pain and sometimes headache .she is 5 years old, and not eating properly. we have given Deworming tablet (worm-c) for 3 days 1 each on everyday night.

thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to rule out surgical causes

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Though this is mostly a normal process in a child. It may just be due to hunger or some viral gastroenteritis. Give her hygienic food and cleaner drinking water. Also give her high calorie foods like butter, ghee, cheese, etc. Since she is not eating well she may lose weight. Keep a track of her weight. Also check if there are other symptoms like fever, anal itching, vomiting, etc.

Sometimes it may be due to an infection like typhoid or may even be due to some surgical cause. Thus I will suggest that you see a doctor.
Typhoid can easily be ruled out with typhidot blood test. But to rule out surgical causes, examination by a surgeon is needed.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee