Suggest treatment for stomach pain and fainting spells

Posted on Fri, 16 Jan 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I was sitting at my desk this morning talking to a health ins client, when I got very sick to my stomach . Then I actually passed out. Found my cell phone under my desk where I dropped it, and I was sprawled over my desk.
Usually I only feel faint and can get myself out of it, but this time ( and a few other times) I just went under.
Doesn't seem like I be out for a long period but it's scary.

TO HELP YOU BETTER, here's examples of some of the times it's happened before. Once, a few years ago, while stopped at a red light . Truck crashed into me and totaled my car.
Racing my 2 grandsons across their junior football field, trying to beat the rain. After making it only 3-4 feet , I instantly fainted and broke my shoulder from the fall.
It happens more times sitting but not always.
Answered by Dr. Moumita Chakraborty,MD 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you will need careful evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam!

Thank you so much for writing to us!

I understand your concern. I am sorry for what you are going through. After reading your history and the instances provided by you I could think of three major possibilities;

1)a sudden lack of blood supply to the brain-due to your fluctuating blood pressure
2)Epilepsy(which is ruled out in your case)
3)Psychogenic blackouts-due to severe stress or anxiety.
4)sudden hypoglycemia

I would like to ask you to get an 24 hour ambulatory electrocardiogram or CT brain to look for any major cause.Please talk to your doctor regarding your blood pressure fluctuation and check you fasting blood sugar levels.

Hope this helps.Feel free to ask more.
Dr.Moumita Chakraborty
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Moumita Chakraborty,MD