Suggest treatment for stomach pain and aversion to food smell

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi Dr,
Kindly find below the previous chat.
I still get irritated to food smell and have stomach pain sometimes.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consider visiting the doctor...

Detailed Answer:

Gut symptoms following an infection do sometimes take awhile to resolve. However most cases are resolved in 2-3 weeks duration. You presented very non specific symptom and I am unable to arrive at a definitive cause without physical examination. The role of other factors including anxiety and stress cannot be excluded. Therefore I suggest you to see a doctor who will examine you physically and treat you based on the cause.

Overall, it doesn't seem to be something serious and threatening. But physical examination is essential. Keep me updated after physical check up.

Hope this helps.