Suggest treatment for stomach flu and throbbing in stomach
I would like to get her evaluated to be on safer side
Thanks for the query
The slight pulsatile movement of abdomen when holding breath is common particularly in thin built person and when abdomen is scaphoid.This is due to the pulsatile movement of the abdominal vessel(aorta). As presently she is suffering from stomach flu the pain may be due to intestinal spasm which usually resolves over a period of time after taking some antispasmodic.The pain in stomach flu is crampy in nature not pulsatile.
If pulsation is such that it can be seen clearly while breathing and pain is pulsatile/throbbing then I would like to get her clinically examined by a physician(USG abdomen screening may be needed) to rule out aortic aneurysm if any(this condition is very less common).The aortic aneurysm may remain undetected and suddenly get symptomatic.It can cause pain due to compression of the surrounding structure or stretching of the wall.
Keep her hydrated well by giving plenty of fluids.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any more doubts.
Wish you and your child good health.
Antispasmodic like dicyclomine or drotaverine
Thanks for the follow up
You can give antispasmodics like dicyclomine, drotaverine(drotin tablet) or hyoscine butyl bromide(buscopan tablet), two to three times daily depending on the severity or frequency.All these are prescription medicine and please get it prescribed by a physician.
If the pain is severe and throbbing in nature get her to ER
If the pulsation is visible and pain is severe,throbbing I would like to get her evaluated immediately.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does my stool test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in an infant
- Suggest treatment for chesty cough and blocked nose
- What does this CECT abdomen report indicate?
- Suggest remedy for cough and breathing problem in an infant
- What causes recurrent pain abdomen with vomiting?
- What is the cause and treatment for poor appetite in an infant?
- Suggest treatment for low appetite and different pattern of behavior in...
- Suggest treatment for asthma in a 5 year old
- What causes swollen lymph node in groin area of a child?