Suggest treatment for stomach discomfort and lump in abdomen

Question
recently I visited my GP reguarding some stomach discomfort and a lump that I had in the right side of my abdomen, my GP examined me and said that what I was feeling was the top part of my liver??, that is not making sense to me..i was thinking more lipoma etc??, I occasionaly get some light twinges from the area around the lump more after I press down on it for some time.

now i seem to be getting some very mild pain under the rib cage on the right side and slightly lower down too it's a twinge/stitch like feeling), and occasional mild pain in the centre under the breast bone, just cant understand what's going on with me, and I do have this on a regular basis, I know im not in agonising pain and feel well but it is getting me down when I keep thinking al sorts Im 22
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Percutaneous biopsy under ultrasonic guidance req.

Detailed Answer:
Hi MADAM,

I have carefully read your query and understand your concern.

This swelling in your case is unlikely to be a lipoma considering its site of origin.

Swellings in this area(right side of abdomen below rib cage) are mostly likely to be of hepatic(liver)origin.

I advice you to have an Ultrasound abdomen.

If the swelling found on the scan is of solid consistency(ruling out vascular swellings),then a Percutaneous biopsy under ultrasonic guidance is needed to determine its histology and to guide further treatment.

Liver swellings are known to cause dragging sensation like pain with localisation under the mid Epigastric region(below sternum).

In case if you are currently on any oral contraceptive medications ,I advice you to stop them ,since few swelling like Hepatic Adenomas(which are common in your age group) are known to increase their size and bleed under the influence of OCP's.

Consult your treating doctor with reference to above investigative protocol.

I Hope this info is helpful to you,at this moment of time to guide you further,

In case of further queries,post them to http://bit.ly/drsureshheijebu
Thank you.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for stomach discomfort and lump in abdomen 9 minutes later
The swelling is lower not around the rig cage..the light aching is all on the ride side down ti the middle of abdomen..this sounds quite serious should I be worried?

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further follow up is needed to assure you

Detailed Answer:
HI madam,
Yes, even i mean the area below the ribs on the right side,I did mention the site in my earlier response.i completely understood your concern.
Get an ultrasound madam,
This will clear lot of your apprehension.
Update me the reports of which.

Thank you