• question-icon

Suggest treatment for stomach cancer

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Cancer
Question: My son in law was diagnosed with stomach cancer and his doctor called it at stage 4 spreading . He has an appointment with a doctor at mayo clinic for treatment consultation . We are very worried about him and we want to know what are the common procedures to cure this cancer and what are the chance of cure and survival and has there been any new techniques to cure this besides chemo to make the process easier and faster ?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stomach cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Stage 4 cancer unfortunately doesn't have good prognosis
In this case the only alternative we have its chemiotherapy.We have a treatment for this type of cancer but unfortunately they are not curative

The 5 year survival is 4 per cent.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist