• question-icon

Suggest treatment for stomach bloating and loose motions

Posted on Tue, 14 Jul 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello, I need someone to help me, I am suffering with stomach bloating followed with loose motions from past 2 months which comes and go, I have contacted gastroenterologyist and got ultrasound and endoscopy done which came out normal, I have a history of smoking in past, my worry is does this symptoms are of cancer, please some one help me on this. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Prashant 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
hello ,this symptoms are not suggestive of cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
bloating sensation of stomach is caused by my causes like stress ,smoking,irregular eating habits so dont worry just try to change your life style definitely you will be relieved by these symptoms .
Next is regarding loose stools ,for this I want some more clarification like weather you go to bathroom immediately after having your food and it is associated with any pain abdomen ,if just let me know because the treatment aspect will change .
Mean while you can try using a proton pump inhibitor with levosulpride combination in the early morning before break fast for atleast 1 month and an intestinal antibiotic tab rifiximin 400 mg twice a day for 2 weeks ,these medicines will be available and you can get easily because you are from XXXXXXX .
hope this information and treatment helps you
thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Prashant 8 hours later
Thank you sir for your reply, coming to my bowel disorder it happens frequently which will be there for 2-3 days every week and goes away after taking medications, its not that I visit bathroom eating every meal but I will have stomach pain, bloatingness after eating sometimes after eating outside food. When I googled it says these symproms are related to cancer that's my concern, does endoscopy is sufficient to detect cancer or do you want me to take other tests. please help me out.

Thank You
Answered by Dr. Prashant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
don't worry its not a cancer

Detailed Answer:
Let me clear your doubts ,the history what you gave with that definitely its not a cancer; its a syndrome called irritable bowel syndrome. But we need to exclude few things and therefore I would order routine complete blood count ,thyroid profile and a colonoscopy. You can get this done from your treating doctor.

If symptoms persists even after using the medication which I prescribed yesterday ,these tests will rule out maximum of your doubts and later you can show to a proper gastroenterologist ...
The treatment which I prescribed yesterday that should help you ,and considering your age and symptoms since few weeks I dont think so its a cancer ..

Hope my information helped you
thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prashant 2 hours later
Thank you sir for your quick reply, I have taken CBC test and every thing is normal I have contacted gastroentrologist before and he told me colonoscopy is not required for my age group as its normally done for people who are having bleeding in stool and phisher problems, if you strongly recommend for me to do that I will get it done.

Thank you for your help, and giving me peace of mind.
Answered by Dr. Prashant 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Even I don't recommend colonoscopy

Detailed Answer:
So now all that you need to do is take the prescribed medication, follow the proper diet as advised ,if still you are struggling with same symptoms please I am here to help you.

thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Prashant 1 hour later
Thank you sir I will follow medication prescribed by you, once again thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Prashant 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
It was my pleasure ,please inform if any other issues thank you
Dr. Prashant

Gastroenterologist