Suggest treatment for stitches around foreskin post circumcision

Dr. Achuo Ascensius

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: I had my penis circumcised more then 7 years ago. My penis still had the stitches around the end of the skin. Is there any over the counter medicine that I can use to heal thee stitches/remove it
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No over the counter drugs remove stitches

Detailed Answer:
thanks for the query

I believe the stitches that were used are non absorbable and that is why the stitches are still present after 7 years. Ideally, those stitches ought to have been remove at most 7 days after there were placed.

The ideal thing to do is to get them reviewed by a doctor whom after the review may remove them as the case may be. If you could forward some pictures, i could have a better understanding of the situation.

I do not use drugs in my practice to remove sutures and i do not know of doctors who do. Absorbable sutures get absorbed by the body while non-absorbable sutures do not and thus they are removed.

Hope this helps you. If you have further query, i will be glad to respond.
Dr Achuo

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad