Suggest treatment for stiffness in neck

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hi
I am having stiffness in my neck since 4-5 days. I am applying ointment volini gel before sleeping since 2 days. Can you please suggest.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks to be muscle spasm

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query carefully and it looks to be the muscle spasm of neck region. To confirm that I would like to know about neck movement, are they normal?
Is there any radiating pain that is pain going from neck to left upper limb region?
Meanwhile you may have-
1. Hot water fomentation along with gentle neck exercises
2. Pain killer (Ibuprofen) along with muscle relaxant like Thiocolchicoside will help.
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.

Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 20 minutes later
yes neck movement is normal and there is no pain. Only stiffness is there.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hot water fomentation helps

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It's good to see you
You may start the treatment as discussed earlier and as the given medicine (thiocolchicoside) is prescription only,you may have to contact your local doctor.
Take care and wishing you good health.