Suggest treatment for stiff neck
Get MRI to reach the root cause.
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
See , in acute pain episodes one can use Anti inflammatory pain killers (NSAID's) if no contraindication is there with muscle relaxants like Thiochochicoside. Along with this hot fomentation, cervical collers, ultrasonic physiotherapy helps a lot. Even you can apply Diclofenac gel locally.
Now this helps in acute condition only.
Important here is to find out the cause of cervical pain. It is important to rule out if there is any nerve compression or disc protrusion.
In cases of associated neuropathic pains, Pregabalin is very helpful.
Also SSRI like Duloxetine helps in reducing the chronic pains.
But if there is any nerve compression, associated muscular weakness, a surgical intervention might be required.
I would advise you to share my opinion with your doctor and get a MRI Cervical Spine done.
If you have any further query please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for chronic stiff neck
- Neck spasms and stiff neck
- Swollen and stiff neck after bug bites treatment
- Neck stretches for stiff neck
- Sore throat stiff neck shooting pain in ears fatigue treatment
- Treatment and cure for Stiff neck
- Having peritonsillar abscess swollen stiff neck cause and possible treatment
- Stiff neck pain treatment
- Stiff neck lump above collar bone suggest
- Headache stiff neck difficulty in breathing treatment