Suggest treatment for stiff neck

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Mon, 15 Dec 2014 in Lump
Question: Yes - my daughter in law has a stiff neck, one side. Warm helps. muscle relaxers help, but it is still hurting.
What should she do/
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can add an anti inflammatory pain killer

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The warm compresses and muscle relaxants would help to reduce the contraction in the muscle and relieve the pain.

The only treatment that can be added to this would be the use of anti inflammatory pain killers such as ibuprofen, naproxen .
One of this would reduce in the inflammation that would be contributing to the muscle pain.

It should be used after a meal or drink to reduce any irritation to the stomach.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions