Suggest treatment for sticky mucus discharge from the nose

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have had a problem with thick sticky mucus that causes me to gag for several years. have tried many things and problem only gets worse. ENT suggested reducing size of turbinates but procedure scares me .
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Try mucolytic and expectorant drugs.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should try mucolytic and expectorant drugs.
Syrup containing ambroxol, terbutaline, guafenesin is easily available.
Oral N acetyl cystine (NAC) twice a day is आलू having mucolytic properties.
Try these drugs and see for improvement.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D