Suggest treatment for stage 4 lung cancer
Chemotherapy is advised in all patients with stage 4 lung cancer.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
Stage 4 lung cancer is end stage cancer which is inoperable and incurable.
And if patient is asymptomatic then chemotherapy should be given to prevent further spread of tumour.
In many cases it also reduces the tumour size.
So life expectancy can be prolonged.
Without chemotherapy, stage 4 lung cancer is having life expectancy of less than 1 year.
With palliative chemotherapy, we can prolong patient's life. With chemotherapy, life expectancy is more than 1 year.
So chemotherapy should be started irrespective of symptoms in stage 4 lung cancer, to improve life expectancy.
Which distal organs are involved?
What is the size of actual lung mass?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Secondary lung cancer treatment
- Lung cancer stage 4 ayurvedic treatment
- Suggest treatment for small cell lung cancer
- Cancer treatment for lung cancer
- Lung cancer treatment
- Suggest treatment for stage 4 lung cancer
- Radiotherapy treatment for lung cancer
- Stage 2a lung cancer treatment
- Radium treatment for lung cancer
- Alimta for lung cancer treatment