Suggest treatment for stabbing pain in the ribs

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Good morning,

A little over a week has passed since I felt an ongoing moderate ache along the lower left side of my rib cage. It is not a stabbing pain but it is constant and this morning seems to have moved a little further up my rib cage toward my chest. When I cough the ache is enhanced.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM!

You symptoms like lower left abdominal pain may be related with :

- constipation
- urinary issues like stones or crystals

This is why to my opinion you need to do :
- abdominal ultrasound
- urine analysis
Meantime I suggest to :
- use plenty of water
- use antispasmodic drugs like butyscopolamine.
If your symptoms doesn't get improve than you need to consult your physician.
Hope it was helpful to you!
Dr.Klerida

Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 23 hours later
It appears that it was a kidney stone urinary issue. It seems that the stone(s) passed during an uncomfortable night's rest.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow..

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Yes ,it is most probably that your symptoms are related with urinary and kidney stones.
please perform abdominal ultrasound and urinary analysis.
Wish you health!

Dr.Klerida