question-icon

Suggest treatment for stabbing pain in the left foot

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017
Question: Quick question,

A few days ago, after leaving the gym, I got this immediate sharp, stabbing pain on the top-right of my left foot (see images). This might sound obvious but it was only after I put my newer shoes on. Once removed, that pain is gone, although there is a very mild burning sensation (that came on today). The only reason I'm asking and not assuming it's the shoes is because my right foot is completely fine. I'm curious if this could be something diabetic related or maybe that I pinched a nerve at the gym, or simply an ill fitting shoe (i attached a picture of the shoe to see if something without typical support could cause this).

I am overweight and going to the gym is obviously my way of combating that, so I was just curious if this could be diabetic or something.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Ill fitting shoe appears to be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel .Orthopedic Surgeon.
hi I have read your description and in my opinion this problem you faced is due to ill fitting shoe. I suggest you wear shoes which do not pinch at toes.
Diabetic foot will present differently.
Thanx for the question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon