Suggest treatment for stabbing pain in the foot caused by arthritis

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Cancer
Question: Having sharp stabbing pain from top of foot between 2nd-3rd toe that radiates to bottom. It feels like someone is stabbing it. No relief when resting with feet up. No swelling. Painful with activity as well. Xrays negative for stress fracture.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Arthritis or tendonitis likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the foot that you have can be due to inflammation of the tendons or joint inflammation. Since nothing has been detected on X-ray there is no need to worry. This is likely to subside with rest, hot compress and a mild pain killer.
Do take Mild pain killer like Ibuprofen after meals. In case the pain is persistent then do consult an orthopedician for a direct examination and a few blood tests.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal