Suggest treatment for squint in eye
My daughter is 1 1/2 years old.When she became 1 year old,we noticed that squint appear on her left eye only and we have took her for eye observation to Aravind Eye Hospital, XXXXXXX After the diagnosis,
they said that she has eye power of 9 on her left eye and recommended to wear glass of power 5 .Reviewed after two months ,they said she has slight improvemment ,they recommended to use eye patch to close the right eye 2 hours/day since she has squint only on the left eye and use glass over it (glass power changed to 6) for 4months. After 2 months,we noticed that squint appears alternatively
on both the eyes (either left or right). As per the doctor advise,she started using eye patch alternatively on bothe the eye (one day right eye 1 hour and next day left eye 1hour).Now she has agin got improvement, but still not yet cured completely.
Can we completly cure squint with Ayurveda Treat ment with out surgery?
At this age Observation is best
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern.
1. Since she is a diagnosed case of refractive error and under supervision of Ophthalmologist thus be under his regular supervision
PS. squint in children improve or reduces on its own, and because it is a kind of refractive error thus wearing glasses can correct the problem to some extent.
2. since age is less, is there any vitamin deficiency which you might have particularly seen/observed
3. start giving diet which is yellow in color i.e. Vitamin A rich diet: XXXXXXX carrots,cantaloupe,egg yolk, apricots, pumpkin, papaya, are ideal.
4. Since age is an issue thus medicines/eye exercise and panchkarma procedures cannot be incorporated at this stage thus constant observation and reviewing periodically will decide the outcome.
5. start with Suvarn prashan and Septilin Drops or Arvindassav which will help in increasing Immunity of the child.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Thanks for reverting back
1. make sure at this age she is getting adequate mother's milk (if breast feeding) which will provide natural immunity to her.
2. 'Suvarn' means gold and 'prashan' means to lick: thus suvarnprashan is a mixture of gold, cow's ghee and XXXXXXX providing anti bacterial action against different organism by stimulating body immune cells and thus protect child from different harmful organisms for a long duration.
3. Since the dosage depends upon age, and going by the age you have provided [2 years] I will recommend 2 drops daily [42 drops] for a period of 21 days
4. You can contact Ayurveda Physician there or an Ayurveda Hospital where such camps are being organised and suvarnprashan is imparted.
Do let me know if you need further clarifications
P.S: previously regime was to give 1 drop to the child (same day of every month) which was a cumbersome and tedious procedure both to the Doctor as well as to the parents, thus this new and effective formulation has come into practice and followed.
Since XXXXXXX assav is a fermented preparation thus may not be palatable to your child, thus drops are ideal:
. upto 1 year: 1ml or 10 drops thrice a day.
. 1-3 year: half tablespoon thrice a day.
. 3-6 year: 1 tablespoon thrice a day.
. 6-10 year: 2 tablespoon or half the adult dose.
. For Infant: medicines are best given with dropper.If resist to take medicine, use a 5cc plastic syringe (without needle) and place the tip between the teeth and push the drug over the tongue (even if the child holds the mouth shut).
Dr. Munish Sood
Thanks for reverting back
1. Without direct examination or photograph I won't be in a position to specifically diagnose the condition as it may result from localized hypertrichosis to hirsutism to hormonal imbalance, so in best interest kindly seek an opinion of Pediatrician to confirm your doubts and if anything comes abnormal he will directly lead you to the management, and if everything is OK kindly let me know for alternate medicine.
contact me directly on: bit.ly/drmunishsood
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Squint eye ayurvedic treatment in trichur
- Treatment and cure for squint
- Squint eye treatment for 10 month baby
- Which treatment is suggested for diverging squint eye
- What is the treatment for squint in eye
- Child with squint eye what is the treatment
- Botox treatment for squint at aravind eye
- Treatment of squint in homeopathy
- What is the treatment for squint
- Squint eye ayurvedic treatment