Suggest treatment for spreading red rashes on the breasts

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,
I live in Calif, it's been in the high 90's lately. I've obtained a red rash on my back and side. It seems to be spreading around my side to my breast. It is sore. Under neath the rash it feels sore in the muscle, not sure but feels that way. it been difficult to sleep because of the soreness. I tried a Steroid cream last night and it did not seem to effect it. Can you help? I just sent you pictures of the red rash. How long does a response take?

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending the question.

I reviewed the picture that you submitted. I'm concerned that you are experiencing a shingles outbreak. This is actually caused by a virus. It can cause a significant degree of pain and discomfort. It is extremely important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. you may benefit from starting an antiviral medication which may help to slowly reverse the symptoms over time.

Please go to your local urgent care center or emergency room where you might obtain a prescription to treat what appears to be a shingles outbreak.

Thank you again for sending your question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee