• question-icon

Suggest treatment for spreading rashes on the legs

Posted on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: In my legs there are few mark when I rubbed it start itching/burning and emerges whitish wastage. It seems like spreading when use to rub continuous.
I asked this question on 4th XXXXXXX and you replied that require pic of affected area, I am sorry I could not make it on time, today I uploaded pic, please suggest me what I need to do.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can't see any pictures, upload them under report section or mail them

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I can't see any pictures.
I would recommend you to upload them again under the report section or mail them to YYYY@YYYY as "Attention: Dr Asmeet ".
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous rash/psoriasis, topical steroid, moisturising lotion

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be either eczematous rash or psoriasis.
Treatment remains same for both the conditions.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily along with frequent and liberal application of a moisturising lotion containing white soft paraffin on the entire leg 2-3 times in a day.
Besides this take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist