Suggest treatment for spreading impetigo contagiosa
This is impetigo contagiosa, give oral & topical antibiotics
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it is impetigo contagiosa.
It is a bacterial infection of the skin which is common in children.
If I was your child's doctor treating doctor I would recommend you to give her oral and topical antibiotics.
I would recommend you to apply mupirocin or fusidic acid cream on the affected areas twice daily for 7-10 days along with syrup cefixime 50 mg 1 teaspoon twice daily for 7 days.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
If this is associated with fever or pain she can be given syrup paracetamol.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to clarify any further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Impetigo contagiosa in adults
- Impetigo vinegar treatment
- Impetigo contagiosa causes
- Drugs/medication for impetigo contagiosa
- Treatment and cure for recurrent impetigo
- Treatment and cure for impetigo
- Symptoms of impetigo contagiosa
- Diagnosis of impetigo contagiosa
- Suggest treatment for bullous impetigo
- Treatment and cure for impetigo contagiosa