Suggest treatment for sprained ankles
Can be fracture or hematoma.
Thanks for posting your query.
After a sudden fall on the foot, appearance of pain, swelling, tenderness, etc are all indicative of hematoma formation either due to a soft tissue injury or due to a hairline fracture.
For diagnosis it is important to get an x-ray foot and a MRI scan of the area done. X-rays are very sensitive for picking up any fracture and MRI is one of the best tests for ruling out and identifying soft tissue injuries in the area of fall.
I recommend you to consult an Orthopedician for proper examination and required investigations. You can wait till tomorrow morning if the pain is not very severe and the swelling is not actively increasing.
1. Do a cold compress on the area of injury.
2. Avoid weight bearing on the foot.
3. Keep the foot elevated on two pillows while resting.
4. Get some mild pain killers prescribed from your doctor.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
You are welcome.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
It is due to hematoma.
The coldness of the foot and numbness is due to the swelling. The skin color change is due to hematoma formation in the area. This will all subside once the swelling subsides. You can wait till morning to see an orthopedician. Keep the leg elevated on two pillows till then.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sprained ankle
- Treatment and cure for Sprained ankle
- Treatment for frequently spraining ankle
- Suggest treatment for sprained hurting ankle
- Treatment sprained ankle no bruise
- Sprained swollen ankle treatment
- Treatment for a sprained ankle
- What is the treatment for ankle sprain
- Badly sprained ankle treatment
- Suggest treatment for muscle sprain