Suggest treatment for sprained ankle
Analgesic and muscle relaxant
I have gone through your query
I would like to know few information like
Is there any swelling?
Is there any discolouration of the above skin?
Have you taken a x ray.?
You should take NSAID like Aceclofenac with muscle relaxants like Chlorzoxazone/ Tizanidine twice daily for 3-5 days based on the response. You can ask your local doctor for prescription of this agent. Along with this hot compression and analgesic gel or spray will be beneficial.
With this measures you should be fine. Provide sufficient rest to the affected part. ( 2 to 3 weeks)
I hope this helps. If you have any further queries I'll be glad to address them.
Is there any discolouration of the above skin?.. No NOT MUCH
Have you taken a x ray.?.. Yes, No Fracture.
Local Doc had prescribed 2 tablets, twice daily not sure about name right now but will confirm that soon..
Hot Compresion and Gel application is continued twice a day.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Based on the information,I feel it is nothing serious, she should be fine,
In the absence of substantial swelling, fracture, I don't think it is anything serious. But an examination by doctor will be better.
Usually if proper rest is not given to sprained ankle, it may take little longer to heal.
Kind follow the measure suggested by the doctor , she should be fine
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sprained ankle
- Treatment and cure for Sprained ankle
- What medication is suggested for sprained ankles
- Sprained ankle swelling paining treatment
- Treatment for frequently spraining ankle
- Treatment sprained ankle no bruise
- Sprained ankle severe pain fever and nausea treatment
- Treatment for a sprained ankle
- Sprained ankle having swelling and pain any suggestion
- Badly sprained ankle treatment