Suggest treatment for sporadic burning sensation after urination
His Doctor wants him to have another urine sample taken and she wants him to go to All Children's and have a kidney scan with a contrast, I believe. We don't have a center to do the ultrasound for a kid care patient ,I guess but they are going to double check. He has problems with constipation and has a significant case of young man's acne. He drinks plenty of water and too much Coke zero soda he is 6 ft tall and a 163 ponds Have any possible ideas ? tnt YYYY@YYYY
the doctor is asking for a ultrasound not a kidney scan but I guess with a contrast
I believe she said a juct I am not familiar with that.
Needs further evaluation.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your 16 years old son has repeated episode of UTI .
It is vital important to get him investigated to establish the primary cause for getting repeated episodes of UTI.
Please consult qualified Urologist and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Intra Venous Pyelography to trace out any congenital anatomical diffect in urinary system
3) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis.
In the mean while give him broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure he drinks drink more water.To keep his urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Further treatment will be decided by him based on results of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine
- Suggest treatment for frequesnt urination
- Suggest treatment for irritation in the urethra after urination
- What treatment is suggested for burning sensation during urination
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination
- Burning sensation while urination pain and bleeding treatment
- What is the treatment for burning urination
- Treatment for not urinating after circumcision
- What is the treatment for burning sensation during urination
- Suggest treatment for burning and frequent urination