• question-icon

Suggest treatment for spondylosis with myelopathy

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: STATEMENT- I an trying to be as "Non-Descriptive" as possible:
>
the current XXXXXXX ICD-10-CM (diagnosis) medical billing code, ICD-I0 CODE M47.12, as, "Other Spondylosis with Myelopathy, Cervical Region"
>.
Other - in addition to the thing that has already been mentioned.
>
Spondylosis - is more of a descriptive term than it is a clinical diagnosis. It translates to mean, that one has both pain and spine degeneration, regardless of what is causing the pain or where the degeneration is occurring.
>
Myelopathy - any functional disturbance or pathological change in the spinal cord; often used to denote nonspecific lesions,
>
Cervical Region - the uppermost in location within the spinal column that supports the skull and protect the spinal cord, a bundle of nerves connected to the brain.
>
THEREFORE, the Diagnosis Condition Known as, “Other Spondylosis with Myelopathy, Cervical Region”, Means
>
regarding one’s pain and spine degeneration, regardless of what is causing the pain or where the degeneration is occurring in, from any nonspecific functional disturbance or pathological change in addition to the nonspecific thing that has already been mentioned in the uppermost part of the spinal column that supports the skull and protect a bundle of nerves connected to the brain inside a spinal cord.”
>
NO neurosurgeon knows “specifically why” or “specifically how” Other Spondylosis with Myelopathy, Cervical Region develops in any one patient and they do NOT know any one patient’s degenerative time table from this condition.
>
QUESTION 1: Can you make a better "Non-Descriptive" definition from the above individual definitions
>
QUESTION 2: Do you agree with the statement starting with, "NO neurosurgeon knows..." is true?
>
THANKS
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Answers

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

Spondylosis can be defined as a set of degenerative changes that take place in the spine due to erect posture and prolonged constant stress to the spinal elements resulting in osteophytes and eburnation leading to loss of intervertebral disc space and spinal instability later on.

I cannot agree with this fact because it is known that weaker bones will be susceptible to degeneration quicker than stronger bone. Also genetics, body build, degree of stress imparted to the spine during the course of life can all affect the 'time table' and severity of the degenerative changes in Spondylosis.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon