Suggest treatment for spondyloarthritis

Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Wed, 23 Jul 2014 in Lupus
Question: Can I speak with a doctor regarding sacroiliac joint issues. Lumbar scral instability. Currently undergoing prolotherapy. Had several treatments previously 3 last yr on right side one April this yr on both and, last one was on 13 th XXXXXXX My pelvis started seizing two days ago & worsening each day. Can't hardly walk or sit. In extreme pain. Hospital took bloods today to rule out infection. My dr is overseas until 22nd august and can't see hi. Til the 25 th august. Even now it's progressed tonight that I can't sleep cause of pain. Is this normal? Will it go away? What should I do? Any help or advice would be so appreciated. I've never experienced this reaction to prolotherapy it's usually good a couple of days after. Should I be asking a specialist at your site instead?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
seems to be sacroilitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok, rheumatologist and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

With your history, it seems that you have spondyloarthritis, it is a type of arthritis. It can be confirmed by a simple X ray pelvis and HLAB27, ESR and CRP blood test. It gone by simple NSAIDs medicines. You need to be treated with a local rheumatologist

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
I cant tale antinflamatories for 6 wks after prolo. Dr mitchellee did mri for arthutis in feb this yr before proceeding to doing two more prolo. Could it have developed since then because of the prolotherpy & too much espec to right side?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
not related with prolo

Detailed Answer:
HI
I donot think that it is related to prolotherapy. But you can discuss this matter with any rheumatologist
regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj