Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
No need to worry for a simple cyst
you haven't provided specific radiological findings for a more definite answer but I'll try to give you the best possible one with what you've written. Cysts of this size are considered rather small and need only to be checked again as your doctor already told you.
Cysts can be congenital. They can also be caused by trauma (even if you can't recall getting injured), infarction, infection or even cancer (metastasis mostly).
The radiologist can with an ultrasound scan make an accurate estimation of the possible causes of a cyst depending on the radiological findings and the patient's history. Since you haven't mentioned any symptoms or complaints I gather you're healthy so most of the serious causes can be ruled out.
Lacking a complete knowledge of your history prevents me from a more thorough answer.
Important points would be:
- history of fever
- contact with animals (what kind?)
- history of cancer
- history of atrial fibrillation or anticoagulation therapy
- history of coagulation problems like antiphospholipid syndrome etc
and of course,
-history of injuries like car accidents etc
I'm sure your doctor already assessed the above before advising you.
Should you need further clarification, please ask again, providing more information.
Your past accident could be causing it
the accident you've described sounds more than sufficient to cause trauma to the spleen. Even a minor accident could have caused it. In any case, without suspicious radiological findings you shouldn't worry about that. I usually advice patients like you to do a follow up test in 6-12 months time. You'll probably find out that your cyst remained the same regarding its size and radiological features.
I hope I've addressed your situation!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?