Suggest treatment for spine issues
Yes. Takes about 6-8 months for recovery
Thanks for the query.
Disc prolapse associated with spine instability before or during surgery requires fusion of the bones. Since there is canal stenosis, decompression surgery will need to be done which can make the spine weak and hence fusion is required. This is very useful to prevent disc prolapse in that region and also reduce pain and symptoms of radiculopathy. This is the ideal surgery for your problem.
Usually it takes upto 6-8 months to recover from fusion surgery. You would be advised to avoid neck bending, weight lifting and to perform required physiotherapy and rehabilitation protocols. After that you will be gradually allowed to perform such activities and engage in regular work.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
Day care for micro discectomy. Physiotherapy essential. Yoga and Acupuncture
According to the Surgical procedure, the duration of hospital stay will vary.
Day care surgery can be expected for micro discectomy surgery.
Physiotherapy will be required for a few weeks after surgery for Muscle strengthening.
Acupuncture, Yoga are available which will provide relief from pain and you may consider if it gives you comfort from the pain.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for a curved spine
- Suggest treatment for stenosis of the spine
- Suggest treatment for degenerative disc disease of cervical spine
- Crumbling spine treatment
- Suggest treatment for cervical spine injury
- Thoracic spine sprain treatment
- Lumbar spine injury treatment
- What treatment spine hemangioma
- Treatment of fatty tumors on the spine
- Suggest treatment for spondylosis in upper spine
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain