Suggest treatment for spider veins on neck and chest
Treatment is sclerotherapy or Vbeam laser
Hello and welcome,
Yes, these are spider veins. As you are not obese, the most common cause of these is hereditary and ultraviolet (sun) exposure in the past. The standard treatment is either sclerotherapy or Pulsed XXXXXXX (V bean) dermatological laser. You can call around to dermatologist's offices and see if the particular practitioner does these treatments or refers out to a different dermatologist.
In terms of what you can take, while Vitamin C will likely not make them go away, it will strengthen the blood vessel wall and that might help.
I hope this information helps.
There aren't studies to show that a certain dose will make them go away.
There is some preliminary research on Vitamin K, in particular Vitamin K2, that shows some promise. It appears that a deficiency of Vitamin K may be associated with varicose veins. But whether supplemental Vitamin K would treat spider veins, and the dose that would be required, is not yet determined. At least not in any of the sources I looked at.
Still, if you want to try, you might try eating more fermented foods such as fermented soy (Natto) or other fermented foods that are high in Vitamin K. But increase these in moderation as with everything.
If you want to know more specifically about Vitamin K and spider veins, I've seen that a nutritionist sometimes answers questions on this site. If you have a month's subscription for asking all the questions you want, go ahead and close our discussion and repost a question with the words "For Nutritionist Only" at the beginning of your first line. I don't know how often she is on the site to answer questions, so it might be a bit of a wait, but she might be able to tell you more information about Vitamin K and spider veins and if there is a dose she would suggest.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spider veins on my chest and arms
- Treatment and cure for red spider vein
- Parasites and spider veins
- Treatment for penile spider veins
- Hiv spider veins
- Spider veins on left side chest causes
- Treatment and cure for small spider veins
- Treatment and cure for spider veins
- Kidney disease and spider veins
- Spider veins on breasts and chest
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis