Suggest treatment for sores on the scalp
Welcome and thanks for our query.
The small pieces you are referring to are shed scalp epithelium. This can be due to an inflammation of the scalp from a fungal infection or from psoriasis.
If it is possible for you to see a skin doctor, it would be good to confirm my impression.
If not we will go for a therapeutic trial. Apply diprosalic cream or ointment to the scalp twice a day and let us whether you get better with it or not.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of hiv sores on scalp
- Scalp treatment for dry scalp
- Suggest treatment for swelling of the scalp following an accident
- Suggest me some treatment for my scalp infection
- Suggest treatment for inflamed pink scalp
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Treatment of scalp sores from chemo
- Suggest treatment for chronic scalp folliculitis
- Suffering from seborrhea scalp suggest treatment
- Lyme disease treatment for scalp sores
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?