• question-icon

Suggest treatment for sores on the scalp

Posted on Sat, 12 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have small sores on my scalp. In my bed, I find itty bitty sesame seed (triangler) shaped pieces. This does not appear to be bed bugs or scabbies. On my body, which may be different, I have small blood blister type places. If I dig at these places, I will get a hard to removed type scab. This is not a cleanliness issue as the sheets are changed daily, vacuum daily, and bathe twice a day. Treating the premises and myself as though it was bed bugs.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for our query.
The small pieces you are referring to are shed scalp epithelium. This can be due to an inflammation of the scalp from a fungal infection or from psoriasis.
If it is possible for you to see a skin doctor, it would be good to confirm my impression.
If not we will go for a therapeutic trial. Apply diprosalic cream or ointment to the scalp twice a day and let us whether you get better with it or not.

Do get back to me if you have further queries.
Dr. Noble Zachariah