Suggest treatment for sores on penis
Need to apply topical steroids
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
I have seen the attached pictures .
The kind of lesions you are having are suggestive of either psoriasis or lichen planus. Some better resolution close up images would be very useful in reaching a final diagnosis.
Apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone cream over the affected areas twice daily .
In case the lesions do not completely heal,you might need treatment with a more potent steroid cream like clobetasol or fluticasone which are basically prescription drugs .
Dr Geetika Paul
Thanks for your prompt response. If the conditions you mentioned turn out to be the case what is the typical expected treatment period. And could you also educate me on the causes of these conditions.
Both of these are basically autoimmune skin conditions .
They tend to slowly resolve over weeks with continuous treatment .
These are essentially non contagious and harmless in nature but they have a tendency to recur anytime even after complete treatment owing to their autoimmune nature .
You can start treatment as advised and then follow up with the response seen or you might need to be shifted to higher topical steroids which are basically prescription drugs.
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for cracks on penis foreskin
- Treatment penis rubbed sore
- Itching inside penis suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for foreskin that is attached to the penis
- Suggest treatment for fractured penis
- Treatment for sore uncircumsized penis
- Suggest treatment for infections of the penis foreskin
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Suggest the treatment for micro penis
- Suggest treatment for pimples on penis