Suggest treatment for sores on lower body when under stress

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have sores all over the lower part of my body. Including private area. There it is Herpes ONE which was spread from my lips. This was cultured. So I am positive. Bruises all over my life's, they don't hurt at all. I don't even realize they are there until someone says something about them. For the 2nd time tonight, I went to get in bed and my face felt like it was on FIRE. LIKE INA TRYIANGLE THAT INCLUDED MY NOSE. Have no idea what that was.
I had a car accident about a month ago. Two days later all of the sores started coming up. Very stressful at my house right now.
Answered by Dr. Matt Wachsman 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
stress activates cold sores

Detailed Answer:
and also genital herpes. We published a case in which abrasion from water skiing made someone susceptible to getting genital herpes after having had oral herpes.

Not exactly sure of the question. There are several very good medications for herpes that work equally well wherever it is. In addition, there are many good nerve medicines that work on nerve pain especially if it is due to a viral irritation of the nerve. Topical lidocaine might be the easiest. Amitryptiline and probably also anti-epileptic drugs also would work.
Follow up: Dr. Matt Wachsman 16 minutes later
My wreck was a little over a month ago and thank goodness most of the sores have gone away.

My question is, can bruises that you can't feel and you don't know where they came from, and a face that my question is, can bruises that you can't feel and you don't know where they came from, and a face that includes your nose and your mouth be considered as Neuropothy?

Why have I been placed with an addiction specialist?
Possibly a neurologist?
Why has it taken an hour???
Answered by Dr. Matt Wachsman 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, absolutely. Possibly always

Detailed Answer:
First, I am in East Coast XXXXXXX I go to bed before the time I first answered.
Second, It is difficult in any case answering by text rather than in person so I can give general information but cannot diagnose or treat specific patients.

That being said. Irritation of nerves is internal. There is almost NEVER an external visible cause of the irritation. Even a virus irritating a nerve is internal. With SHINGLES, a reemergence of the chickenpox virus which is closely related to herpes, after the initial outbreak, the nerve is still irritated for a long time afterwards and there are no further external signs. THis condition often occurs in the area you mentioned.
http://posture.doonks.com/Shingles-Lesions-Varicella-Zoster.html
http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-professionals/clinical-updates/neurosciences/treating-trigeminal-nerve-pain

could be with some tropical diseases (the sores stay), and could certainly occur with anything that causes sores (burns). There are very good, inexpensive, and low toxicity nerve pills that have no addictive potential that damp down nerve pain.
Dr. Matt Wachsman

Addiction Medicine Specialist