• question-icon

Suggest treatment for soreness on the shin bone after injury

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: Hit my shin on some railroad rail about 10days ago it's is still very sore to touch and after work I take off my boots and I have huge lumb there it might be water built up not sure goes away but it is still sore even when just laying in bed
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
X-ray should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Have you had an x-ray done?
Generally such symptoms are quite common after such injury. It is possible that you may have a fluid collection (hematoma). If so, it should be drained, otherwise it may turn into an abscess.
Fracture must be always ruled out.
I suggest you to have an x-ray done as well as soft tissues ultrasound. Orthopedist is the right address.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon