Suggest treatment for soreness on the left side of the chest area
You should get an X-ray chest.
Fracture rib has to be excluded by Xray chest. It will give additional information about Air/Blood in the pleural cavity.
Injury to the chest wall sometimes can cause severe pain even without fracture.
Avoid sleeping on the affected side. Avoid things/strenuous activities which aggravate the pain.
You should take pain killers (eg. Tylenol, Ibuprofen etc.).
Chest physiotherapy should be done.
I have managed many cases of chest injury. Fracture ribs don't need bandage/strappings. It requires only pain killers.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
You can apply hot fomentation.
You can apply hot fomentation at the injured area.
Fluid /blood collected after trauma will only be known in X ray/ultrasound of the chest.
Please get it done and exclude bony injury/collection in the pleural cavity.
Wish you speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for soreness of breast
- Suggest treatment for cold sore
- Suggest treatment for sore frenulum
- Suggest treatment for soreness in anus
- Suggest treatment for chest infection
- What treatment is suggested for soreness in left knee
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and chest
- Suggest treatment for sore calf
- Suggest treatment for sore knees