Suggest treatment for soreness in the penis

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
my son is not circumzied and is saying that his penis his soar and tender to the touch. its not sowllen and no discharge. im thinking maybe warm towels and rest ?
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can give paracetamol as an analgesic and observe

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for asking on this

I can understand your concern. I won't get worried if there is no swelling, redness or discharge.
You can give paracetamol which also is an analgesic and observe for appearance of any signs.
Also urine test can be done as urinary tract infection may cause some unpleasant sensation.
I don't think warm towel will help much if there are no signs of inflammation like swelling or redness.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Wishing for your child's good health.