Suggest treatment for soreness in knuckle and index finger

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Thanks for following up with me. I still have the soreness in my right knuckle and index finger. I've been doing as you instructed: taking Ibuprofen and applying Analgesic Crème with Aloe from Walgreens with some success. You said it may take awhile and it looks like you're right about that! Thanks. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue with ibuprofen.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Arthritis or joint inflammation may take few weeks to subside. Do continue taking ibuprofen as it will help in reducing the inflammation. Doing a little physiotherapy like flexion and extension of joint will also help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.