Suggest treatment for soreness in breasts

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: My breasts are sore,ache,occasional sharp pain.Was told some calcification.What's wrong?Treatment,etc.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing worrisome. Does not need treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The soreness in the breasts can be related to hormonal changes but these are less likely after menopause. If your mammogram and ultrasound scan has shown areas of calcification with no specific mess then there is no need to worry,. This can be due to an age related degenerative change. You can get rid of the soreness by taking a mild pain killer. Doing a regular massage will also help.
Do consult your surgeon and go for yearly breast examinations to detect any abnormal lumps.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN