Suggest treatment for soreness around the vaginal area

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Suggestion for treatment of sore shin around vaginal area

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A few suggestions, but you will require a few tests for further help

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The first thing I should start off with is that there can be numerous different causes for a sore around the genital region, all of which have a different treatment approach. And for this, you will have to visit a medical centre and get adequately investigated, and accordingly treated.

But as you have asked me for help, here are a few suggestions I have:

+Keep the region clean and dry at all times
+Shower at least once a day
+Change your inner wear at least twice a day
+Apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin over the region to prevent any secondary infections
+If you can get your hands on any oral antibiotics, please do let me know or list the ones you already have, so we can try to work with that
+Do not shave the region or remove hair in any way
+Avoid sexual contact in all forms
+Hydrate well enough

I hope you find my response helpful. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.