Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for soreness around the vaginal area

Answered by
Dr. Shoaib Khan

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 9410 Questions

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Suggestion for treatment of sore shin around vaginal area

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A few suggestions, but you will require a few tests for further help

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The first thing I should start off with is that there can be numerous different causes for a sore around the genital region, all of which have a different treatment approach. And for this, you will have to visit a medical centre and get adequately investigated, and accordingly treated.

But as you have asked me for help, here are a few suggestions I have:

+Keep the region clean and dry at all times
+Shower at least once a day
+Change your inner wear at least twice a day
+Apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin over the region to prevent any secondary infections
+If you can get your hands on any oral antibiotics, please do let me know or list the ones you already have, so we can try to work with that
+Do not shave the region or remove hair in any way
+Avoid sexual contact in all forms
+Hydrate well enough

I hope you find my response helpful. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Topical antibiotic

doctor1 MD

My wife has had sores on her arms and legs for about 1 year. They're not painful unless she picks at them. When she does pick at them, there's a small, hard, round ball that comes off. Attached is a photo. Any ideas what this could be?

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, Recently I noticed this black spot on the right side of my throat and I was just wondering if this is something I should get checked out by my doctor? It kind of came out of nowhere and I just noticed it yesterday and I don’t really...

doctor1 MD

I think i just got bit by a spider. A lot of white spots that look like pimples , its red and swelling.