Suggest treatment for soreness and swelling in the wrist
Naproxen, muscle rub, hot compress and rest will help.
Thanks for posting your query.
The soreness and swelling in the wrist may occur probably be due to inflammation of the tendons or arthritis.
You need to give it some rest for a while, use hot fomentation twice a day and local ointment for pain relief. Avoid gripping and lifting objects altogether. Keep it in most comfortable position or use a splint/crepe bandage most of the time (including at night) for best results. Watch for worsening of symptoms like increase in pain, appearance of swelling and tingling numbness in fingers. If you get any of these, visit your physician and get a check up done followed by investigations like X ray or MRI.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ganglions cysts om wrist
- Hygroma wrist treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling and itching of wrist vein
- Wrist swelling treatment sprained wrist
- Treatment for pain and swelling in wrist after needle insertion
- What is the treatment for painful swelling around wrist
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Treatment of wrist drop
- Suggest treatment for wrist pain after an accidental fall
- Suggest treatment to remove cyst on wrist