question-icon

Suggest treatment for sore throat,cough and cold

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: Hi my cold started with the sore throat and then turned into a cough and cold. Now though the coughing has reduced the cold has made my nose to block there is pain next the nose and above the eyelid what should I be doing
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
you may have developed a sinus infetion

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Pain near the nose , above the eyelid , following a cold is likely to be due to a sinus congestion/infection.

This has to be confirmed by an endoscopic examination and x ray of the sinuses and i would like you to meet your ent doctor for the same.

You may need a course of antibiotics for relieving the infection.

For the time being , i would like you to start steam inhalation 2-3 times a day and take tablet paracetamol 500 mg 2-3 times a day for the pain.

Please meet your ent doctor soon.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist