question-icon

Suggest treatment for sore throat

Posted on Sat, 23 Jan 2016
Question: Had a mild sore throat a week ago which is gone followed with some mild mucus in am only almost gone. Now acutely when I swallow I feel soreness left of my windpipe halfway down front of neck...it does not feel like my throat at all. Almost feels like it goes a bit to my left ear and under my left under jaw slightly. No lumps and quit smoking 35 years ago. Is it my lymph nodes after a mild cold? Slightly sore to touch if you find the right spot. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
May be a lymph node after a mild cold

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query; and it may be a lymph node after a cold.

Most probably you may be suffering from the left tonsillopharyngitis.

But to rule out other disease you may go for
1. Laryngoscopy ( examination of throat and vocal cord)
2. Take an antibiotic course of atleast five days after consulting with your doctor.
3. Examination of neck and if necessary also go for USG neck or CT scan neck.

Either send me the image of throat and neck or above mentioned investigation for further management.

Dr Hariom Sharma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist