question-icon

Suggest treatment for sore throat

Posted on Tue, 8 Dec 2015
Question: I swallowed a cracker whole last night . It hurt going down and took about an hour to settle down . Today I have a sore throat . How can I treat the sore throat and how long will it be sore ? Even the outside of my neck feels a little tender .
Actually , I swallowed a tortilla chip that was stiff.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Ibuprofen is all you need!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. The treatment consists in taking apain medication such as tylenol/ibuprofen. This pain should normally subside before 72hours after taking the suggested medications.

I wish you well and keep me updated. If need be for more information and clarifications, feel free to ask me.
Dr. Ivo Ditah