Suggest treatment for sore throat
sore throat is not an indication for either upper or lower gastrointestinal tract endoscopy (colonoscopy). A sore throat is usually caused by infections. Nexium helps with gastric acidity. If you've also had reflux symptoms, then nexium might help with them too.
The only reason to do an upper endoscopy would be esophagitis but this is not like a sore throat. It may cause a feeling that the food is stuck in the esophagus before reaching the stomach. Reflux symptoms are expected though and you haven't mentioned any!
I hope I've helped!
If you'd like more information, please provide more details about your symptoms and medical history and I'll be glad to help more.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore throat after fever
- Suggest treatment for recurrent sore throat
- Suggest treatment and prevention of sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and chest
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache