Suggest treatment for sore throat

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: So I think have strep throat back again and it red little bit and i still had antibiotic that my ear and throat doctor had gave me couple of weeks ago I sart to take it on Monday for it and yesterday I sart get my voice to.im not sure what to do and my knee still hurt and I told my doctor about it and i have yeast infection again I always get yeast infection right before my period and after it and he said try over the count med for both .but I'm not sure which one is the best for it .and about strep throat I'm not sure why I keep getting it and last year I got tube put my ear and everce then I been getting a sore throat alot and lose my voice with it I'm not sure if I should tell my ear doctor or my reg doctor. my reg doctorleas is not doing much for me.so I'm not sure what to do. please
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Warm Saline Gargling will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

I would suggest you the following remedy

1. Warm Saline Gargling : To a glass of lukewarm water add 2 spoon of common table salt. Gargle throat with it thrice a day
. This will prevent repeated sore throat from occurring

2. XXXXXXX gooseberry: It is usually available in commercial mixture.
The gig Vitamin C content present builds up immunity and prevents respiratory infection

3. Avoid alcohol
4. Avoid Tobacco
5. Avoid cold and carbonated beverages

do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 8 hours later
I do not dink pop or alcohol or smoke.i get acute sunis infections.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Steam inhalation will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Greetings

Apart from my previous advise, steam inhalation 15 minutes each session twice a day will be helpful.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 6 hours later
I all ready do.my eat doctor told me to tha
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue doing it

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

Continue doing it , it will be helpful.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
it has not help any and I'm lose my voice again
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
ENT Surgeon consultation required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

You will require further detailed assessment by ENT Surgeon

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 7 minutes later
Yes I know i have Ent specialist.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
What were the clinical findings

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Did you undergo thorough evaluation from your ENT Surgeon. What was the clinical findings ?
Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 7 hours later
Yes o what through with him couple months ago and hey what to do sunis sugery on me and I told I'm not READY for that and and i have tube in my ears too and I told him that when I need new tube just have him do that at the same time. he said ok.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgery for sinus will sort out the issue

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

Surgery for sinus may sort out the issue

Dr Shobha Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
ok.i been have nauseous today .what do you think I should do. should I get hold of my doctor.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try Pantoprozole and Domperidone

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Greetings

Try antacid like Pantoprozole along with anti emetic like Domperidone. If the symptoms persists then suggest you to consult your Physician

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 12 minutes later
I'm taking omeprazole for hurtburn and for my throat.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
antiemtic will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Addition of antiemtic like Domperidone or Ondensetaron will be helpful

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 5 minutes later
Ok were do I get Domperidone in a mine can I gave you the listed of med i AM ON
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can give me the list

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Domperidone is usually available as over the counter medicine. You can definitely give me the list of medicine.

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D