Suggest treatment for sore throat post protected intercourse
10 days back I had an exposure.
Performed Oral to a woman and then protected intercourse.
Post this I am concerned. 1 day after I had some kind of ulcer (apthous) in tongue which went away 2 days later. I also had a kind of sore throat which is to some extent still there.
10 days after this I am experiencing some cramps and mild pain and weakness in my knee, shin of my legs. Also the back of left knee is slightly swollen.
Feeling tired during walking.
I did a screening test 2 days after exposure which was negative but my concerns are not going away.
No risk of HIV.
Welcome to HCM.
The risk of getting HIV with protected intercourse is nil and oral sex also carries very less likely risk so you need not to worry. The symptoms you have may be due to some vitamin deficiency or other reason but non specific for HIV. Consult your physician and take multivitamin tablets with muscle relaxants for the same.
As such the reliability of HIV test after 2 days of exposure is very less but in your case no testing is required as the exposure is not significant so allay the anxiety or fear related to HIV and move ahead in life happily with your family.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore throat after fever
- Suggest treatment for recurrent sore throat
- Suggest treatment and prevention of sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and chest
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache
- Do persistent dry cough after unprotected sex suggest HIV infection?
- What does my HIV rapid test report indicate?
- What are the chances of contracting HIV after having unprotected sex?
- Is the HIV DUO 4th generation test conclusive at 32 days post exposure?
- Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?
- Can HIV spread by using the medical scissors and tweezers?
- Is it possible for HIV RNA test not to detect virus if the viral load is...
- What are the risks of HIV when in contact with dry blood?
- Are negative HIV RNA test and third generation antibody test within...
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?