Suggest treatment for sore throat post protected intercourse

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi Doctor
10 days back I had an exposure.
Performed Oral to a woman and then protected intercourse.

Post this I am concerned. 1 day after I had some kind of ulcer (apthous) in tongue which went away 2 days later. I also had a kind of sore throat which is to some extent still there.

10 days after this I am experiencing some cramps and mild pain and weakness in my knee, shin of my legs. Also the back of left knee is slightly swollen.
Feeling tired during walking.

I did a screening test 2 days after exposure which was negative but my concerns are not going away.
Please help.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Flirty,

Welcome to HCM.

The risk of getting HIV with protected intercourse is nil and oral sex also carries very less likely risk so you need not to worry. The symptoms you have may be due to some vitamin deficiency or other reason but non specific for HIV. Consult your physician and take multivitamin tablets with muscle relaxants for the same.

As such the reliability of HIV test after 2 days of exposure is very less but in your case no testing is required as the exposure is not significant so allay the anxiety or fear related to HIV and move ahead in life happily with your family.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana