Suggest treatment for sore throat, eye stye and tonsillitis

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Mon, 5 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a very sore throat ,eye and ear on my right side almost feels like a stye in the eye and tonsillitis in the throat
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
antibiotics, compete blood count and c reactive protein, pain killers, see

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I understand how distressing these symptoms could be. However, I am afraid the treatment measures might not be very helpful. It might necessary to get an emergency medical consultation, especially to rule out a rapidly spreading infectious process. The fear in this case is an acute bacterial infection in the process of spread. This area of the body contains special blood vessels called sinuses. If these structures get infected, it is possible that it can easily spread to the brain to create abscesses that might be difficult to treatment. Urgently excluding and treating a bacterial infection, preferable with injected antibiotics in this case is my humble humble. Pain killers like Acetaminophen and Nonsteroidal antiinflamtory drugs can be very useful here.

Doing a complete blood count to check for raised white blood cells, which is a sign of an infection and doing a C reactive protein test, to measure the level of inflammation and to assess success rate of treatment can be very useful now. It is true that other simple inflammatory process that might require only pain killers and anti inflammatory drugs can be causing such symptoms.

In this case however, a clinical review, a complete blood count and C reactive protein measurement to assess any infection and treatment in time any possible spreading infection remains my key first opinion. It is urgent to get antibiotics appropriately in this case.

I suggest you visit the emergency service or your primary care doctor for complete evaluation and action.

kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad