Suggest treatment for sore throat and sore swollen tongue
tooth infection, cellulitis, antibiotics
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.
As far as the pain, sore throat, sore swollen tongue is concerned the possible cause can be the gum infection over the wisdom tooth (pericoronal infection leading to space infection) or other tooth.
Consult a oral physician and get a radiograph done to rule the amount of space present for the tooth to erupt if space is there for the tooth to erupt then the gum covering over the wisdom tooth can be removed.
if the infection is in the other tooth, get the tooth restored.
If the space is not available then you have to get the wisdom tooth removed.
Mean while you can take a course of antibiotics like amoxicillin 500mg and metronidazole 400mg tid for 5 days (if you are not allergic).
Do saline gargling. i hope my answer will help you, take care.
If any queries are there reply me back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cracked tongue swollen tongue sore throat
- Swollen tongue sore throat in toddlers
- Swollen cheeks sore throat swollen tongue
- Sore throat and swollen tongue
- Swollen tongue sore throat swollen glands
- Sore throat swollen glands swollen tongue flush
- Sore throat swollen tongue sore jaw
- Swollen tongue frenulum and sore throat
- Sore throat coughing swollen tongue
- Cold sore throat swollen lip swollen tongue