Suggest treatment for sore throat and pain
Acute pharyngitis or Laryngopharyngeal reflux...
Thanks for posting the query
According to the history mentioned by you, it seems to be either Acute pharyngitis (if associated with fever) or Laryngopharyngeal reflux secondary to acid reflux disease).
Pain reliever alone may not be beneficial and you may require broad spectrum antibiotics with or without proton pump inhibitors for the treatment of the same.
Try home remedies such as:
1. Drinking plenty of warm water
2. Avoid chilled food and beverages, smoking and fizzy drinks.
Consult your doctor for a complete evaluation and management.
Hope I have answered your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Sub mental lymphadenitis...
Thanks for writing back
It's good to know that you don't have either of the symptoms. Then the other probable cause could be sub mental lymphadenitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes) secondary to inflammation in the floor of the mouth, lower lip or apex of the tongue.
Broad spectrum antibiotics may be necessary for the treatment of lymphadenitis, as the pain is not getting relieved with ibuprofen. Please continue with the home remedies as mentioned before.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache and ear pain
- Suggest treatment for recurrent sore throat
- Suggest treatment and prevention of sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and chest
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Treatment for sore throat pain
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache