question-icon

Suggest treatment for sore throat and pain for the past five days while trying to swallow food

Posted on Thu, 8 Apr 2021
Question: Hi Dr. Im suffering with sore throat pain from past 5 days and having pain when try to swallow food. At the same time both eyes are become red all of sudden. Is it a common thing or do i need worry? Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
proper ENT check-up needed to be done...

Detailed Answer:

At this outset, I'd suggest you do salt water (lukewarm) gargling three times a day...along with it do Betadine gargle in an alternative fashion for the next 3-4 days...For pain, use mild pain-killer such as Tab PARACETAMOL 650mg thrice daily after food for next 2-3 days...

Avoid dusty environments, over-crowded places...Use a facemask if at all you'd to go to the overcrowded places......Try to have simple foods (avoid sour/spicy foods for the time being, drink plenty of mineral water, have plenty of soup, broth, porridges etc).

Along with this, you should also get an ENT check-up done to assess the condition as there may be a need to start antibiotics therapy also.

Let me know if I can assist you further...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist